Monday, August 3, 2009

6TH MEETING: GUIDE QUESTIONS FOR JOURNAL ENTRIES

1. For one week, challenge yourself to:
a. Get high score in a quiz or seatwork,
b. To recite in class at least once in any courses;
c. To submit a quality assignment or requirement

On your journal, process your experience with the aid of the following guide questions:

a. What challenge did you take?
b. Were you able to beat the challenge? How do you feel about it?
c. What have you realized/learned from your experience?

2. Assignment for next meeting
a. Read about the effects of smoking.
b. Watch the film “An Inconvenient Truth”, staring Al Gore and directed by Davis Guggenheim. On the journal, write your reaction to the movie:
- The most striking scene in the movie
- Your feelings and emotions while watching the movie
- Your realization after watching the movie
- The specific actions you can commit to take care of the environment

My Answer

1) I took the one that deals with the quizzes and seat works.
2) I was able to beat it well it felt good because.Well I don't really know I'm just happy I guess maybe because I don't Its not really new to me its just that I don't know I just feel happy.
3) Well I learned that If I focus A lot more I can get a perfect score then just having a score with 5 to 3 mistakes I don't know Focus I guess.

Assignment
Smoking
-is a practice where a substance, most commonly tobacco, is burned and the smoke tasted or inhaled. This is primarily practised as a route of administration for recreational drug use, as combustion releases the active substances in drugs such as nicotine and makes them available for absorption through the lungs. It can also be done as a part of rituals, to induce trances and spiritual enlightenment. The most common method of smoking today is through cigarettes, primarily industrially manufactured but also hand-rolled from loose tobacco and rolling paper. Other smoking tools includes pipes, cigars, hookahs and bongs.

-well smoking Is actually very bad for the environment, maybe because its to harmful due to the chemicals it contains. Plus smoking can kill a person not just the person but also our world.Because the smoke it produces are very harmful to our nature.


The Most Striking Scene In the movie
-The most striking part of the movie is when his sister deid from lung cancer which is very sad.
-while watching the film I started to Understand Al Gore point and I slowly realized what the word had turn into.I began to hate those people who does not care about our environment.
-After I watch the film I felt sad because of the fact that people now a days does not care about our environment thats why I myself wants to create or join an organization that will help on creating and keeping the world clean and safe for the next genereation.

No comments:

Post a Comment